The JBL DUET BT headphones deliver rich, well-balanced sound right to your ears. They come with an impressive 16 hours of battery life, not to mention the user can switch between devices. Besides that, you can easily control the sound from the earcups thanks to the brilliant technology. Whether you’re working or making your way around town, the headphones will keep you entertained while staying connected to the world. Here is a detailed review of the DUET BT headphones.
At first glance, you’ll see the JBL logo on the earcups. What’s more, the sturdy design makes them look just like the JBL E45BT headphones. Also, the aluminum touch complements the sleek look and gives a luxurious vibe. To ensure they are not bulky when traveling, you can fold them into a small package. On the left earcup, you’ll find the volume buttons, Bluetooth button, power switch, and a micro USB charging port.
Don’t be surprised to find there is no carrying case since the product is designed for someone looking for a portable option. Compared to the predecessor, there are only a few design changes to accommodate the wireless functionality. These headphones are offered in black and silver colors to suit your taste and preference. Although both colors look great, black color is breathtaking. This modern yet sophisticated device has left no detail untouched.
The headphones are fitted with comfortable earpads that sit on the ears rather than around them. Unlike other synthetic fibers, they feel soft. This means you can wear them for a long period without hurting your ears. They are also light since the pressure is distributed across the pads. It’s also worth mentioning; they can be adjusted to fit even in small children.
While most parts are made of plastic, the premium finish will light up your day. And when you’re done enjoying your music, you just fold them inwards. The comfort level of DUET BT is lightly above JBL E45BT. For this reason, this particular product stands out to be the wheat among the chaff.
JBL signature sound
The sound quality is unique compared to other brands within the price range. That being said, the headphones are consistently clear in the different genres of music. For instance, the bass does not overshadow the other frequencies on offer. Of course, the lower range is well-tuned while the higher-mid adds plenty of warmth to the music. On the higher range, you can hear the presence of guitars, drums, and vocals. There is no muddying even if you push the volume to the max. To deliver quality sound, this product is fitted with powerful 40mm drivers. And in case the device runs out of power, you can switch to wired mode and then control your music using the universal remote. For the price, the sound is unprecedented.
16-hour battery life
While most on-ear wireless headphones do not extend beyond the 15-hour region, the DUET BT comes with 16 hours of battery life. This means you can enjoy more than one day of wireless audio without recharging them. Even better, you only need 2 hours to charge them fully. If you can easily forget to charge, this device will allow wired playback when the battery runs out. Just like other products in the category, the charger connects to a USB port so you can use it on a laptop. On the other hand, an auxiliary cord will allow you to listen to music using the Bluetooth option without killing the battery.
You can pair the JBL DUET BT with up to three devices; a computer, iPhone, and a TV. The best thing is that they will connect automatically without the need of special software. And in case you want to pick a call, you can switch from the device to your phone effortlessly. Simply put, you’ll never miss a call. Just like its predecessor, the device uses Bluetooth 4.0. It gives a standard range of up to ten meters although this will depend on the obstacles around. Some users have recorded a higher range. The only downside to the wireless connectivity is that you have to power off the device. It won’t go to sleep even after a long period of inactivity.
- The sound is crystal clear- you can hear the instruments and vocals
- When you run out of battery, you can plug in the aux cable to continue enjoying the music
- While the headphones don’t have the best noise cancellation feature, they are very effective in sealing the outside noise. However, you can still hear the incoming traffic when doing your workouts.
- You can use it to enjoy music without dealing with messy cables
- The ergonomic headband is lightweight and adjustable
- It pairs easily with the Bluetooth so you won’t experience any dropouts
- Comes with a cable for wired listening
- It’s portable, so it will take the music wherever you go. It weighs less than a pound.
- Comfortable to wear even with glasses
- Despite the strong bass-balance response, the mid-range makes the device shine
- The earpads won’t make your ears steamy even on hot days. Plus, they have some sort of water resistance which makes them gym-friendly
- They are solidly built and easy to operate
- They are well priced without sacrificing quality
- The multi-use button and the volume control are close together. It can be a bit confusing which one to press. You may have to remove the headphones to check the buttons since they feel the same.
- Slightly bass-heavy balance which might not suit everyone
- Doesn’t show how much power is left after many hours of listening. Other high-end headphones have a voice prompt which tells you how many hours are left before the battery run dry.
Over the years, headphones have been the same, but this particular product is the game changer, a genuinely new chapter in the history of entertainment. They are comfortable, lightweight, and come with well-designed sound. With a full charge, they’ll offer more than 16 hours of wireless music. Their performance is unmatched compared other headphones in the segment. If you are looking for a stylish yet affordable product, JBL DUET BT headphones should be on top of your list.