The JBL E65BTNC headphones are an improvement of the earlier JBL E55BT headphones, just adding a noise cancellation feature. These headphones deliver optimal active noise canceling abilities along with a clear sound, while combining wireless convenience, premium materials, and an eye catching design. You can wear these Bluetooth headphones around your neck for an ear free and hands free intimate sound experience. Whether you are watching a movie from a table, engaging in virtual reality or doing office or house work, these wireless headphones from JBL will empower you by creating their very own listening environment, while remaining connected to their surroundings. Here is a comprehensive review of the JBL E65BTNC.
The E65BTNC boast a fabric headband and mostly made from plastics. Though the headband has limited padding, you will not feel any discomfort if you wear these headphones. The headphones come in a wide variety of colors, including stone blue, white and black. Since the headband is from fabrics, you may want to avoid the white color since nothing picks up stains worse than white fabrics. The padding is tight enough to create a great seal to help block outside noise even without enabling the noise cancellation feature. The angled ear-cups have an oblong design with soft synthetic leather that is fitted with some comfy padding that goes over your ears.
Parts and Controls
There is a micro-USB port on the left ear cup while the controls or buttons are fitted on the right ear cups. The power switch is fitted on the top of the headphones. All buttons are of the same size and are close to each other. The controls on the right ear cup include the volume controls, pause/play button, noise cancellation button and the Bluetooth button. All the controls and buttons are tactile and function well. On the right side, there is the 2.5mm headphone jack that transforms your E65BTNC into wired headphones. The Bluetooth and noise cancellation buttons allow to switch Bluetooth capabilities and noise cancellation feature on and off respectively.
The E65BTNC come with the classic JBL sound signature. They have an excellent thumping smooth bass, average high frequencies, lively mid-range and thick low-mid frequencies. If you listen through a wire and switch the noise cancellation feature off, the sound stage expands. Similarly, if you listen wirelessly and switch the noise cancellation feature on, the sound stage really lose stage. Though this is not impressive, it is the case with all noise canceling headphones. Overall, the E65BTNC headphones have wide soundstage with a rich, booming, deep bass. The JBL signature sound will always leave your ears wanting more.
These headphones have an average Bluetooth range and stability. At a distance of about 30 ft. more even with walls, doors and people between, the connectivity will remain stable and only cuts out if you go past 30 ft. This range is sufficient for most people and even at par with other popular Bluetooth headphones.
This is one of the most impressive features of the E65BTNC. These headphones are able to block out consistent and constant background noises. Though the noise cancellation feature is not so effective in blocking out random loud sounds, it is quite successful in canceling sounds, such as those from those from the HVAC system, an airplane or sound of a train. Between the tight seal from the ear cups and ANC processing, you will be able to enjoy your music without all the disturbing outside noises. Additionally, the noise cancellation feature is quite simple because there are no frilly controls to customize the NC feature. All you have to do is switch “on” or “off”. One thing to note though is that the active noise canceling feature can only be switched on when you are using the headphones wirelessly.
The JBL E65BTNC have a very good battery life. When the NC feature is switched on, the battery lasts for about fifteen hours. By contrast, when you turn the active NC cancellation feature on, the battery will last for about 20 hours. Another impressing thing about the E65BTNC battery is the charging time. If you charge the batteries for 2 hours, you will be able to enjoy up to 24 hours of playback. That is quite impressive. Additionally, it makes the E65s ideal for local commuters and world travelers alike.
- Impressive battery life: 15 hours battery life with Active Noise Cancellation and Bluetooth on and 24 hours battery life with Bluetooth and Active Noise Cancellation feature turned off.
- Strong and stable Bluetooth connectivity: The headphones use the 4.1 Bluetooth technology that has a connectivity range of about 30 ft.
- Good Active Noise Cancelling Feature: The headphones are able to block out consistent and constant background noises.
- Fast charging time: It only takes 2 hours to charge the battery to 100 percent charge. When fully charged, the battery can last for up to 24 hours, when the Bluetooth and NC features are turned off.
- JBL Signature Sound: Just like other JBL headphones, the E65BTNC have the legendary signature sound found in studios, arenas, theaters worldwide. The JBL signature sound will always leave your ears wanting more.
- Comfortably tight headbands to allow you to wear the headphones for a long period of time
- Seamlessly switch between devices
- Comes with an affordable retail price
- The strength of the Bluetooth signal is affected by the presence of walls, doors and people. The signal will go away if you go past 30 ft.
- Some customers complained of discomfort due to the tight headband with a limited amount of padding.
The E65BTNC wireless headphones from JBL are a stylish looking pair of Bluetooth headphones. When compared to other headphones in the same class, these headphones have excellent noise cancellation features and a good sound quality. Their fantastic battery life and fast charging time making these headphones ideal for both local and international travels. The comfy fabric headbands and optimized ergonomic design allow users to enjoy long comfortable listening sessions. The E65BTNC come at a very affordable price and they are built to last.